Cloud MarketPlace for Public Amministration
Following the provisions of the AgID Circulars n. 2 and 3 of April 9, 2018, from April 2019 the AgID Cloud Marketplace platform is on-line through which the services and infrastructures qualified by AgID for the provision of services for the cloud (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS). Inside the Cloud Marketplace it is possible to view the technical data sheet of each service that highlights the technical characteristics, the cost model and the service levels declared by the supplier during the qualification.
The goal is to qualify cloud services and infrastructures according to specific parameters of security and reliability suitable for the needs of the Public Administration, ensuring compliance with the principles of:
- improvement in service levels, accessibility, usability and security;
- interoperability of services in the framework of the Public Administration Cloud model;
- reducing the risk of "vendor lock-in", ie creating a relationship of dependency with the service provider;
- requalification of the offer, expansion and diversification of the supplier market;
- resilience, scalability, "reversibility" and data protection;
- market opening to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Starting from 1 April 2019, Public Administrations will be able to acquire exclusively IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services from AgID qualified suppliers and published in the Cloud Marketplace.