A- I BENEFITS OF IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ISO 20000 STANDARD
The implementation of ISO 20000 can bring numerous benefits and advantages.
They may differ depending on the type of organization that decides to implement it.
The major advantages that an organization can achieve by implementing the standard in question can be:
- Alignment of IT services with business strategies;
- Creation of a "reference framework for the improvement of existing services and for the planning of future ones;
- Implementation of a "benchmark" system for the comparison of "best practices";
- Create constant and efficient services to increase competitive advantage;
- Empowerment of all the structures involved, at all levels, to allow a general cultural improvement;
- The "interchange" supports of service providers and related staff allow the optimization of operational processes;
- Reduction of risks and related costs attributable to services received;
- By creating a constant standard approach, any organizational changes are improved;
- Improvement of the perceived image;
- Improvement of the relations between the different departments and greater clarity on the responsibilities of the various structures;
- Creation of a stable framework for all that can constitute a resource in terms of training and automation of service management.